"The famous (or infamous) Bulldog Baths which opened in 1978 and wwas shuttered less than a decade later due to the hysteria of the AIDS crisis has been awarded a plaque and registered in the National Register of Historic Places.
The plaque reads:
“130 Turk Street, c. 1923. Formerly housed the Bulldog Baths. This building is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Uptown Tenderloin Historic District.
The Bull Dog Baths in its time was the most famous and most popular bathouse in the Temderloin in late 70′s. But like much of our gay history at that time it has been covered up and slowly forgotten due to the stigma of the HIV – AIDS epidemic." Full story here via Back2Stonewall!